Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is there a charge for transportation? 

A: There is no charge for our transportation.  Donations are appreciated, but no one is denied transportation for inability to donate if you are registered with us and you give us at lease a 24 hour notice (pending  availability).  Please call (719) 687-0256 to schedule transportation. 

Q: Do you have a bus service?

A:  Yes, we have a bus service that runs every Wednesday and Friday for local shopping, errands, doctor's appointments, etc.  See Transportation page for schedule and more information.

Q: Do you accept Medicaid for transportation?

A:  Yes, we are a Certified NEMT (Mon-Emergency Medical Transportation) provider for qualified Medicaid clients for transportation to medical appointments for individuals who are under 60.   

Q: Do you have a meal program?

A:   We serve hot meals Mon-Fri at the Woodland Park Senior Center through our Community Cafe meal program.  Though our Rural Area Meal Program  (RAMP), we deliver frozen and shelf-stable food to homebound seniors.   Call our office at (719) 687-3330 for more details. 

Q: Is there senior or low-income housing in Teller County? 

A:  Teller County does not currently have senior or retirement housing or  designated low-income housing.  However, we do have information about facilities in Colorado Springs.  Please contact our Case Manager at  (719) 687-3330. 

Q: Do you give advice on Medicare or medical insurance? 

A:  The Senior Insurance Assistance in Colorado Springs provides practical information for senior insurance needs. You can call or email them at  (719) 635-4891 or 1-888-696-7213 or email them at

Q: Do you give financial advice? 

A: For all financial questions, please contact your financial advisor. 

Q: Do you help people move in or out of their house? 

A:  Seniors generally need some assistance from time to time, but we do not have or recommend anyone for moving. Since it is wise to find help before moving, the Yellow Pages in the local phone book is a good place to start. 

Q: I’m caring for my elderly relative and need a break. What kind of help can you provide? 

A:  Our Caregiver program can provide the primary caregiver with individual counseling and some financial assistance to pay for relief help to lessen the demanding duties of care-giving.  Call (719) 687-3330 to speak with  our Case Manager for respite care. 

Q: Do you have anyone who will come and clean my house or house-sit for me? 

A: TSC does not offer these services, but we may be able to offer a referral.  Call (719) 687-3330 for more information. 

Q: Do you recommend a doctor or dentist for seniors? 

A: Finding a doctor or dentist is a matter of personal taste and should be arranged by each individual. 

Q: Do you give help with eyeglasses? 

A:  TSC does not provide financial assistance with eyeglasses, but we often have information about other programs that do offer assistance. 

Q: Do you provide legal services or advice? 

A:  Teller Senior Coalition has arranged for legal appointments with Colorado Legal Services at our office on the 2nd Thursday afternoon of every month. Appointments must be made in advance by calling (719) 687-3330. 

Q: Do you offer veterans' services?

A:   Veterans' services are offered on Thursdays from 9am-1pm at the Woodland Park Senior Center.  Contact Mike Bartol, Teller County Veterans' Service Officer, at (719) 686-5526 to schedule an appointment.